The power of LIMS: WinPath Enterprise
The market leader in Laboratory Information Management Systems
WinPath Enterprise is relied upon by the majority of healthcare organisations across the UK to support safe, reliable and highly efficient patient care. Our fully scalable and interoperable system is intuitive to use, minimises manual tasks and allows your team to get more done in less time.
WinPath Enterprise is a multidisciplinary LIMS which comprehensively supports all the individual key disciplines including:
- Blood Sciences
- Blood Transfusion
- Cellular Pathology
- Tissue Typing
- Newborn Screening
Revolutionise your workflow
Our scalable end-to-end LIMS solution allows you to implement best practice workflows, maximise efficiency and comply with all relevant statutory requirements. WinPath Enterprise enables single, multi-site and pathology networks to work smarter and achieve more by:
- Streamlining pathology processes so samples can be analysed more efficiently
- Optimising pre-analytical processes with auto-registration
- Reviewing real-time data to monitor workflow and identify bottlenecks
- Complying with all statutory requirements and generating automated reports to track achievements against targets
- Seamlessly integrating with existing OCS, PAS and EPR systems, and securely sharing information across sites/networks
- Transferring risk away from Trust IT teams and reducing requirement for in-house disaster recovery with our hosted service
Interoperability is core to every CliniSys system so that you can benefit from ‘best in breed’ systems rather than a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
WinPath Enterprise interfaces seamlessly with incumbent hospital information systems, including local care record services, supporting the drive for greater efficiency highlighted in Lord Carter’s second stage review of pathology services.
Our software employs standard HL7 messaging for all external systems and interfaces successfully with all major Patient Administration Systems, Hospital Information Support Systems and Electronic Patient Record Systems including iPM, Cerner Millennium, DXC Lorenzo and CliniSys ICE.
Critically, we take on full responsibility for implementing interfaces with your existing systems as part of our deployment – and we have a 100% deployment success rate.
Advanced business intelligence and reporting
WinPath Enterprise offers advanced analytics, delivering the insight needed to meet increasing demand for improved business intelligence and knowledge management in healthcare.
Implementing our advanced Management Reporting solution will enable you to produce accurate and timely information and analysis underpinning the future design and development of your pathology service.
Supporting 24/7 Pathology services
WinPath Enterprise’s single database design provides rapid access to data across all disciplines and geographical locations.
The system resilience designed within the Oracle database, combined with the resilience of the CliniSys specified infrastructure platform guarantees optimal system performance and up-time. Service level agreements and turnaround times are underpinned by our robust support, management and monitoring tools, with over 98.5% incidents resolved within these timescales.
Tailored workflows for genomics
Create integrated, digital workflows for the entire genomic spectrum with GLIMS Genomics. Our Genomics module combines the strengths of a mature LIMS with specialist genomic requirements to provide an efficient, interoperable workflow that directly meets your needs.
Monitor and manage every step of the specimen journey with our logistics module. Our system provides a secure chain of custody for specimens to enable tracking, plan resources for delivery and promptly manage any transit delays.
Eliminate the risk of losing samples and improve workflow and efficiency with automatic logging and detailed reporting. Realtime monitoring of specimens reduces errors, improves turnaround times and provides invaluable intelligence about time and cost efficiencies.
Resilient, responsive system
Our scalable and adaptive pathology service networks handle extremely high volumes of tests every day. Some of our largest NHS pathology networks handle in excess of 50 million tests per annum. Our solution, hardware platform and infrastructure are designed to ensure a highly resilient and responsive system is always accessible.
To support the growing prevalence for Workflow Management and Image Management systems (IMS), Specimen Processing seamlessly integrates with mainstream Digital Pathology systems and securely shares information across all sites in the network.
Our integration ensures initial and updated slide order information is synchronised between the two systems.
Estimated tests processed on CliniSys LIMS across the UK annually
Of NHS LIMS market across the UK
With all national guidelines, standards and legislation
- Full business analytic toolset provides business intelligence and data mining functionality enabling easy access and reporting on user definable key performance indicators. Graphical real-time view showing performance against service level agreements and turnaround times. Supports cost savings through optimised productivity, reduction in effort and reduced workload in gathering information.
- Point of Care Testing compatible: Integrate with and manage all hospital PoCT devices via a single centralised platform, regardless of manufacturer.
- Single, fully interoperable system: WinPath Enterprise supports, via its embedded integration engine, multiple connections to multiple Patient Administration Systems (PAS), Hospital Information Support Systems (HISS), Order Communication Systems (OCS), Results Reporting Systems (RR) and incumbent customer integration engines using healthcare industry standard messaging.
- Logistic management to track chain of custody: Eliminates the risk of lost samples. Provides laboratories with advance notification of workload so you can improve resource management and identify workflow bottlenecks and streamline processes.
- Laboratory automation and instrument communication: Including the ability to route data to one or more outbound connections. Our analyser data management module enables multiple hosts to receive the same instrument data, which is essential for emerging ‘hub & spoke’ laboratories in line with network consolidation
- Healthcare Customer Relationship Management: A holistic view of service performance, LIMS data, and customer engagement to create relationship profiles for organisations, healthcare professionals, providers and patients, personalising the pathology experience. Empowers your organisation to retain business, grow and easily engage with valued customers, at the right time, with the right resources.
Discover the full range of features and how the WinPath Enterprise LIMS can be configured to suit your needs:
More than a year after an all sites, all disciplines, go-live, I can put my hand on my heart and say that we made the correct decision in choosing WinPath Enterprise.
Frequently asked questions
Yes. All mainstream disciplines are supported on the same platform, including:
- Blood Transfusion
- Infection Control
- Molecular Biology
- Tissue Typing
- Newborn Screening
Yes, with IT now an integral part of UKAS accreditation, WinPath Enterprise supports:
- Section 4 – supporting quality management, documentation and workflow control
- Section 5.10 – compliance with security, audit and traceability standards; implementation of best practice and SOPs; training and certification; software release management and validation
Yes. As WinPath is installed in over 50% of NHS Trusts, we have off the shelf interfaces to all common PAS and EPR systems. Take a look at our interoperability page for more details.
Enabling efficient multi-site working for Severn Pathology Service
Severn Laboratory Services set out to establish a system that would increase standardisation, enable efficient, low-risk collaboration and be fully in line with the Sustainability and Transformation Programme, and latterly the NHSI drive to pathology networking. This meant implementing a single LIMS to support multi-site requirements and enable multiple incumbent IT systems to share information.
Find out about our other solutions for laboratories and healthcare systems.
ICE Order Communications Software
Contact our team to discuss how WinPath Enterprise can help your organisation improve efficiency and workflow to support better patient care.