Proven solutions for Pathology Networks
The market leader in network compatible LIMS and OCS
WinPath Enterprise LIMS offers a true end-to-end solution for the specimen journey and is installed across far more multi-site deployments and networks than any other LIMS in the UK. We understand the opportunities and the challenges involved and draw on our experience to ensure you realise the full potential of your network, to improve services for patients.
We have unparalleled experience of working with Trusts to develop and implement pathology networks to ensure that the investment in the network is realised and improved patient services are delivered.
We fully understand and have solutions for all the common issues facing networks, such as patient identification, sample numbering and labelling, patient confidentiality, governance and complex interoperability. Our experts will work with you to advise and recommend best practice solutions and to address common challenges such as service standardisation and sample routing. This knowledge has been gathered from over 30 network deployments.
Our scalable, end-to-end solutions routinely enable network service consolidation in support of NHSI recommendations. Our experience in enabling and driving IT process change delivers measurable improvements in pathology network performance.
Tests performed annually on our LIMS at just one of our pathology network deployments
CliniSys LIMS represented in all but 3 of the 29 NHSI identified Pathology Networks
Proven network solutions for NHS pathology laboratories
Proven Network Capability
CliniSys is the only supplier able to provide joined up IT solutions for the whole patient journey with proven and market leading solutions that are ideally placed to maximise the value of diagnostics. These include:
- Electronic requesting and result reporting – ICE supports acute and primary care for a wide range of diagnostic areas including laboratory services, radiology, cardiology and endoscopy. Providing support for mobile technologies though to clinical decision support and the optimisation of clinical workflows, ICE ensures the delivery of the right test, to the right place, at the right time.
- Laboratory Information Management System – WinPath Enterprise is a highly configurable and network compatible LIMS that comprehensively supports all the individual key disciplines. Our Master build configuration allows you to implement best practice workflows, maximise efficiency and comply with all relevant statutory requirements. WinPath Enterprise enables pathology networks to work smarter and achieve more by:
- Streamlining pathology processes so samples can be analysed more efficiently;
- The ability to effortlessly transfer work between labs within the network based upon current capacity;
- Optimising pre-analytical and post-analytical processes with auto-receipting;
- Centrally optimised Point of Care testing solution enabling POCT coordinators to monitor and manage all devices across all locations in the network from a single location;
- Reviewing real-time data to monitor workflow and identify and tackle bottlenecks;
- Complying with all statutory requirements and generating automated reports to track achievements against targets;
- Seamlessly integrating with existing OCS, PAS and EPR systems, and securely sharing information across sites/networks;
- Providing the only pathology specific customer relationship management solution, delivering personalised Pathology through enhanced engagement and collaboration.
- GLIMS Genomics – Our innovative Laboratory Information Management Solution for the genomic laboratory combines the strengths of a mature LIMS for the routine diagnostic laboratory areas with the special requirements in genomics. GLIMS Genomics covers the entire genomic / genetic spectrum including the latest methods such as next-generation sequencing.
- Pedigree drawing – Comprehensive pedigree drawing tool for family management; easily link relatives in the LIMS through a pedigree drawing; capable of showing multiple phenotypes and complex relationships.
- Workflows – Graphical display of laboratory procedures and a sample’s progress through the laboratory; supports all common genomic technologies and new technologies can readily be incorporated.
- Integrated reports – Generate individual reports for every test, or combine any or all results on a sample/patient into one integrated report with individual results and overall summary or MDT conclusion.
- Multi-site functionality – Flexibility to run a single instance of the LIMS across multiple sites in a network in support of the emergence of the Genomic Laboratory Hubs and networked workflows.
Frequently asked questions
Typically, 18 months for first site in a network. Then between 3 and 9 months for each other site thereafter. 6 months is the average.
Our delivery team provides your organisation with the highest quality implementation underpinned by the ClinSys Deployment Method. We work with you to build programme and project plans that take account of the complexity of modern IT deployments, using key milestones within the plans to assess progress and ensure we deliver on time and within budget. For more details, visit our deployment page.
Yes. We have put interoperability at the heart of all our systems to give our customers confidence that they can use best of breed solutions for different specialities that will work seamlessly with our LIMS and OCS software. For more information about the standards we work to, read more about CliniSys interoperability.
We’d be happy to share our learning with you. The most important step is to build a common understanding at the outset so that everyone is clear about the objectives and all stakeholders are signed up to a shared vision. Read more about this and other tips in our article “Top tips for developing a pathology network“
Supporting the sample journey – end to end
Electronic requesting and results reporting
ICE ensures the delivery of the right test, to the right place, at the right time.
Supporting the formation of diagnostic networks, with the ability to publish services and results across all ICE systems connected in a network and interop with multiple PAS systems. Patient governance is assured with a patient centric, consolidated view of the patient spanning all ICE systems in the network.
Monitor and manage every step of the specimen journey within your multi-site network. Our system provides a secure chain of custody for specimen to enable tracking, plan resources for delivery and promptly manage any transit delays.
Eliminate the risk of losing samples and improve workflow and efficiency as your specimens move between sites with automatic logging and detailed reporting. Real-time monitoring of specimens reduced errors, improves turnaround times and provides invaluable intelligence about time and cost efficiencies.
WinPath Enterprise’s single database design provides rapid access to data across all disciplines and geographical locations and enables best practice workflows to maximise efficiency.
You have the power to effortlessly transfer work between labs within the network based upon current capacity.
Centrally optimised Point of Care testing solution enabling the management of all devices across all locations in the network from a single location.
Advanced business intelligence and reporting
WinPath Enterprise offers advanced analytics, delivering the insight needed to meet increasing demand for improved business intelligence and knowledge management in healthcare.
Reviewing real-time data to monitor workflow and identify and tackle bottlenecks.
Implementing our advanced Management Reporting solution will enable you to produce accurate and timely information and analysis underpinning the future design and development of your pathology service.
Resilient, responsive system
Our scalable and adaptive pathology service networks handle extremely high volumes of tests every day. Some of our largest NHS pathology networks handle in excess of 50 million tests per annum. Our solution, hardware platform and infrastructure are designed to ensure a highly resilient and responsive system is always accessible.
More than a year after an all sites, all disciplines, go-live, I can put my hand on my heart and say that we made the correct decision in choosing WinPath Enterprise.
Our order communications and LIMS products integrate seamlessly, providing a reliable, efficient end-to-end solution for the diagnostic journey.
ICE Order Communications Software
For more information about how we can support your pathology network, get in touch with our team.