GLIMS A future-proof solution
The most widely used LIS in Europe
GLIMS is a high-performance laboratory information system (LIS) that allows you to organise and automate all processes exactly as you want them: from order entry and instrument control to results reporting, invoicing and statistics. Thanks to the rich functionality of GLIMS, your laboratory can work more efficiently. You save costs and resources, while offering an enhanced service for requesters and patients – today and tomorrow.
Supports all laboratories and laboratory disciplines
GLIMS can be used in private laboratories, hospital laboratories and university centres for an extremely diverse range of laboratory disciplines:
- clinical chemistry
- blood transfusions
- clinical studies
Streamline all your laboratory activities
With GLIMS, you can perform all laboratory activities more efficiently:
- GLIMS automates repetitive tasks: data entry, reporting, invoicing, billing and follow-up of payments, and more – and reduces manual interventions to a minimum.
- GLIMS centralises control of all Total Lab Automation (TLA) instruments, robotic lines and installations.
- GLIMS is extremely flexible: workflows to suit your laboratory activities, user configurable screens as desired at department or user role level, and personalised reports for each doctor.
- GLIMS not only supports the analysis of individual samples, but also sample pooling, such as for COVID-19 testing.
- Fully compliant with all current laws and regulations: data protection, patient privacy, quality, pricing, invoicing, VAT, etc.
- With advanced track & trace, you always know who performed what action on which sample or subsample, and where the sample is right now in the workflow. This helps ensure quality and patient safety throughout your laboratory.
- GLIMS is easy to use, with minimal training needed to get started.
- GLIMS is multilingual, allowing you to use different languages within a single database.
- You can easily extend your LIS installation to other laboratories and hospitals – in the event of a merger or close cooperation, for example.
- The application is cloud-ready and future-proof, evolving with the needs of modern laboratories. Ongoing updates ensure that even the most advanced laboratories always have all the functionality they need.
Seamless communication with laboratory instruments and other information systems
GLIMS works perfectly with all the instruments in your laboratory, as well as with robotic lines and TLA systems. It supports all common international standards, such as IHE, enabling GLIMS to exchange data with third-party software applications easily and efficiently.
Our solutions are designed to interoperate
The importance of being able to get different healthcare systems talking to each other cannot be overstated. That’s why all our individual products are designed to interoperate fully with our full software suite as well as with external systems.
Powerful tools and features
- Business intelligence: With the handy wizard, you can create statistics and dashboards on your laboratory’s productivity, quality and financial performance in the blink of an eye. Use this insight to fine-tune and optimise your processes as needed.
- Customised reports: You can customise reports based on a wide range of selection and classification criteria, then export them to other applications such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access or a web browser.
- Interactive dashboard: An interactive dashboard allows you to quickly and easily visualize and monitor your business activities and KPIs in real time. The module is easy to use: any user can create and customise a dashboard according to his needs, in an intuitive way.
- Invoicing and pricing: The GLIMS billing module is designed to comply with all applicable regulations, as well as the specific billing requirements of your private or hospital laboratory. It manages pricing for all the services your lab provides, generates electronic or paper invoices, and helps you track payments.
- Stock management: GLIMS manages your stock down to the smallest detail. You can define stock requirements even on the level of an individual workstation, while ensuring static and dynamic inventories to meet your seasonal needs. Monitor stock movements and statuses in real time, and receive notifications when items reach their expiry date.
- Universal data archive: The GLIMS archive lets you process any XML document. Easily track all your documents and display them in a clear, configurable HTML layout or in your GLIMS LIS.
- Data protection and privacy: Patient data are by definition sensitive. Securing and protecting them from unauthorised access requires the utmost care. GLIMS leaves nothing to chance and helps you comply with applicable privacy policies and GDPR.
- Quality first: GLIMS helps you monitor quality in your laboratory. The solution supports standard operating procedures (SOPs) that ensure data validity and traceability. Advanced track & trace for all objects and samples is based on barcodes and logging of all operations. Along with other features, such as the management of non-conformities and the registration of consults, this supports your quality management system and ISO 15189 compliance, and also helps improve patient safety.
Discover how you can efficiently streamline all your laboratory activities with GLIMS:
Why GLIMS ?
Modern, task-oriented user interface
Designed around task-oriented workflows,
the .NET-based GLIMS user interface offers a familiar and modern look and feel.
By minimising the number of clicks, this enhances the user experience.
Business intelligence to keep you ahead
With the handy wizard, you can create statistics and dashboards on your laboratory’s productivity, quality and financial performance in the blink of an eye. Use this insight to fine-tune and optimise your processes as needed.
Workflows for genetics
Our latest innovation, GLIMS Genetics is an integral part of GLIMS and covers the entire genetic spectrum, with a gene panel, variant results management and pedigree management which enables you to digitize your workflows. It can be used as a stand-alone system or can be interfaced with any other LIS you might use in other disciplines.
The MIPS portfolio is future-proof, constantly evolving with the growing needs of even the most advanced laboratories. We achieve this through our relentless focus on innovation and technological leadership; the commitment, laboratory experience and expertise of our hundreds of employees; and, last but certainly not least, feedback from our users all over Europe.
GLIMS in figures
use our LIS System GLIMS in 17 different countries
make GLIMS available for use in different countries
with national guidelines, standards and legislation
The GLIMS project has been completed on time and under budget. This is exceptional, considering the size and complexity of the project.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, with GLIMS you have one central platform supporting all disciplines:
- clinical chemistry
- blood transfusions
- clinical studies
There is one exception: GLIMS does not support pathology laboratories. Tailored to the needs of these labs, we offer our dedicated DaVinci LinkSolution.
- GLIMS supports standard operating procedures (SOPs) that ensure data validity and traceability.
- Advanced track & trace for all items and samples is based on barcodes, logging of all operations and non-conformity/incident management. This and other features support your quality management system, GLP accreditation and ISO 15189 compliance.
- The rights to view data, to be forgotten and to data portability can be invoked at the push of a button, ensuring compliance with applicable privacy policies and EU law (GDPR).
Yes. GLIMS supports all common international standards: HL7, FHIR, HPRIM, LDT, ASTM and Edifact. This ensures seamless communication with hospital information systems (HIS), patient records, GP packages, insurance systems, accounting solutions and more.
Case study: AZ Alma hospital, Belgium
Moving ahead in laboratory management
How expert project management ensured this hospital’s complex, large-scale
GLIMS implementation got off the ground with no problem.
Find out about our other solutions for laboratories and healthcare systems.
Contact our team to discuss how WinPath Enterprise can help your organisation improve efficiency and workflow to support better patient care.