04 May 2018
The CliniSys & ICE Joint National Conference and Summer User Group 2018 was once again hosted at The Belfry on the 7th & 8th June. Over 300 delegates attended to hear thought provoking presentations and discussion with some of the key innovators and thought leaders in Healthcare and Laboratory Medicine.
Some of the keynote guest speakers who presented over the two days included:
- David Wells, Head of Pathology Services Consolidation at NHSI. Gave an update on the formation of the 29 pathology service networks
- Bill Bartlett from NHS Scotland Shared Services. Gave an insight to the Scottish approach to pathology networks
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) gave an insight into data off-shoring and cloud computing for health
- Richard Croker provided a clinical focus with “Adding purpose to testing: improving engagement and reducing harm”
- UKAS covered ISO 15189:2012 – Transition update and managing your schedule when accredited
A number of ICE presentations, demonstrations and discussions were run throughout the event:
- ICE OPenNet Enterprise - Demonstration
- Paperless working with ICE as employed at Sheffield Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- ICE Enterprise – a case study
We also ran a radiology stream that was of interest to pathology and radiology delegates alike:
- Clinical Decision Support module for Radiology – as case study
- Radiology consolidation in Manchester and the natural marriage between pathology and radiology
- Fiona Thow, Head of Imaging Services Transformation at NHSI will also be presenting
The afternoon of Friday 8th June saw discipline specifc agendas and guest speakers.
We look forward to seeimg our customers at the event.