GLIMS 9: the perfect match for Total Lab Automation
Medical laboratories – both clinical chemistry and medical microbiology labs – are increasingly adopting TLA systems. These generally consist of a track connected to equipment such as distributors and analysers, inoculation machines and incubators. Today, there are a range of TLA systems offered by various suppliers, running different operating systems (middleware).
Depending on the TLA system you select, the requirements for communication with your LIS will vary. But with GLIMS, this creates no difficulties: it seamlessly supports different communication concepts:
- SLAVE-MASTER CONCEPT
- MASTER-SLAVE CONCEPT
- HYBRID MASTER-SLAVE CONCEPT
- Your laboratory can work more efficiently.
- Your results are available more quickly. The FIFO-principle (first-in, first-out) ensures a short and guaranteed turn around time, while urgent orders are prioritised.
- You always have access to all the information you need in GLIMS 9.
- You can avoid errors and enhance the quality of the laboratory exams.
- You have guaranteed track-and-trace for both primary and secondary samples, whether on-track or off-track.
- You need no additional middleware.
Streamlined data exchange: GLIMS translator services
With translator services, MIPS streamlines data communication between your GLIMS LIS and your other communication systems. The result? Faster, more flexible message processing, reduced risk of error and enhanced ability to fine-tune your preferences and priorities.
Each of your systems, including GLIMS, has been designed to interpret complex messages in its own speciality. GLIMS uses built-in translator services to automate the communication of messages between the LIS and your HIS, EPR and other systems. Every system gets its own translator service for GLIMS. This one-to-one approach is key to ensuring a fast, flexible and trouble-free communication and workflow.
- LESS RISK OF ERROR AND EASIER SYSTEM MAINTENANCE:
When you have to duplicate functionality or codes into a communication engine, or when your systems share a translator, the risk of error can creep in. With our one-to-one translator services approach, not only is risk reduced, but maintaining the systems is less complicated, less time-consuming and less costly.
- CONFIGURABLE TO EACH SYSTEM’S BEHAVIOUR:
Our GLIMS translator services offer exceptional configuration flexibility! Functionalities can be enabled for each system, making it easy to handle any communication issues that arise. So, if your HIS has a slightly different behaviour, for example, there’s no need to develop a new interface or new software release: we simply adapt the translator service settings. No other flows are impacted!
- PARALLEL PROCESSING, FOR A SMOOTHER WORKFLOW:
As each of your systems has its own GLIMS translator service, outgoing and incoming messages can be processed in parallel. This ensures your results, ADT (admission/ discharge/transfer) or OE (order entry) messages never get stuck in a bottleneck, and you get the information you need more quickly.