The blood transfusion management module in GLIMS has three constituent parts. The first part handles the determination and storage of blood groups, rhesus pheno types, irregular antibody screening, typing and the specification of antigens and antibodies.
The second part is the management of the blood bag database, which allows obtaining an overview of the current blood bag supply with respect to the different manipulations to which the blood bags are submitted during the transfusion process.
Finally, the third part offers a complete trace on blood bags during transfusion. The transfusion trace includes the request of blood products, the selection of blood bags based on a predefined compatibility system, the physical or electronic (type and screen) compatibility check, the checkout of blood bags, generation of a transfusion form and the completion of a blood bag trace by the transfusion data and a possible transfusion reaction.
• Built upon the single GLIMS database used by all laboratory users enabling easy sharing of clinical data across disciplines
• Consultation of blood bag details and patient data from the LIS by scanning the blood bag or patient identification, as well as information on recent, current and scheduled transfusions.
• Complete tracability of the blood transfusion process
• Determination of blood group and detection of irregular antibodies.
• Integrated classification system.
• Automated compatibility check and generation of transfusion forms.
• Enhances communication and sharing of patient data
between hospital units.
• Improves patient safety, by decreasing risk of human error in transfusion.
• Supports transfusion unit and blood bank in meeting legal requirements for traceability of blood.
• Simplifies administration: all data is entered only once into the system.
DID YOU KNOW?
GLIMS is always running a check on the consistency of the results and the ABOD conclusion and will inform you if an error is being made.