Full tracability and auditability
The blood transfusion management module in GLIMS has three
constituent parts. The first part handles the determination and
storage of blood groups, rhesus pheno types, irregular antibody
screening, typing and the specification of antigens and
The second part is the management of the blood bag database,
which allows obtaining an overview of the current blood bag supply
with respect to the different manipulations to which the blood bags
are submitted during the transfusion process.
Finally, the third part offers a complete trace on blood bags
during transfusion. The transfusion trace includes the request of
blood products, the selection of blood bags based on a predefined
compatibility system, the physical or electronic (type and screen)
compatibility check, the checkout of blood bags, generation of a
transfusion form and the completion of a blood bag trace by the
transfusion data and a possible transfusion reaction.
• Built upon the single GLIMS database used by all
laboratory users enabling easy sharing of clinical data across
• Consultation of blood bag details and patient data from the
LIS by scanning the blood bag or patient identification, as well as
information on recent, current and scheduled transfusions.
• Complete tracability of the blood transfusion process
• Determination of blood group and detection of irregular
• Integrated classification system.
• Automated compatibility check and generation of transfusion
• Enhances communication and sharing of patient data
between hospital units.
• Improves patient safety, by decreasing risk of human error in
• Supports transfusion unit and blood bank in meeting legal
requirements for traceability of blood.
• Simplifies administration: all data is entered only once
into the system.
DID YOU KNOW?
GLIMS is always running a check on the consistency of the results
and the ABOD conclusion and will inform you if an
error is being made.