- To write, illustrate, review and control all customer-facing technical documentation, ensuring a single-source policy is enforced throughout the development department.
- To produce video and e-learning deliverables to support end-users.
- To carry out any reasonable task assigned to you by the Technical Author Team Leader (UK)
- To write: user-facing documents (for example, e-learning modules, user guides, system administration guides and installation guides, etc), produce user–support videos, and develop on-line help systems for the company’s software.
- To illustrate, as appropriate the above documentation
- Advise and support CliniSys personnel in their use of Word and illustration packages
- Act as a consultant in documentation matters to client services and other customer-facing departments
- Report user-level bugs and inconsistencies in behaviour of software while documenting project
- To be aware of the legal obligations of CliniSys and the technical author with regards to customer documentation
- Ensure all necessary copyright and other legal (protection) statements are included in documentation to safeguard the business and intellectual capital of CliniSys Ltd
- Include adequate warnings and cautions to ensure the safety of CliniSys users, their property and their clients or customers while using CliniSys products.
To be aware of the Company’s product delivery and software development plans and your responsibilities therein.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with technical and non-technical clients and staff at all organisational levels. Must have a good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Experience of indexing and editing documents
- Good working knowledge of product and document development cycles and publications procedures. Experience of working in an Agile environment an advantage.
- Experience in producing e-learning modules using tools such as Adobe Captivate and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to build online-help systems using a commercial help editor package (preferably RoboHelp).
- Working knowledge of photo editing, illustration and screen capture software. Have a working knowledge of the various file types and the media to which they are best suited.
- Experience recording and editing demonstration videos. Knowledge of a commercial editing package an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.