Pathology Software Tester
- Using pathology knowledge and experience of pathology workflow to carry out testing activities on CliniSyssoftware products to time and as directed to ensure a high quality product is released to our customers.
- To generate and deliver test results as required
- To assist in the production of pathology testing scenarios.
- To provide pathology knowledge guidance to others within the test team.
- To provide pathology knowledge guidance to others within the product group.
- To keep abreast of ongoing and future Laboratory regulations, working practices, products and technologies generally, but also specifically within your pathology discipline.
- To comply with the company codes of conduct and guidelines
- To understand, comply and test with company procedures, working practices and directives in a timely manner
- Assist the business analysts in the production of specifications using pathology knowledge and experience of real world requirements
- To analyse specification documentation to produce test scripts and scenarios based on real world pathology product usage
- To perform functional and system testing based testing utilising pathology knowledge and experience
- To thoroughly document any issues raised through the pathology functional and system testing within the testing management systems available
- To liaise with Developers, Tech Authors, Business analysts and other departments on all areas of testing and to provide assistance as required especially with regard to pathology questions
- To have an understanding of our Customers’ workflow in relation to company products to facilitate realistic pathology scenario product testing
- To be fully conversant with the functionality of the Pathology product of your discipline
- To be conversant with the core functionality of Pathology products
- Contribute ideas based on pathology experience to the development of the Software product
- To attend team meetings and agreed training courses
- To be responsive to reasonable requests from your line manager or project managers
- Contribute to and support other test team members and build knowledge base especially with regard to pathology knowledge within the test department
- Validate documentation produced by Technical Authors
- To assist in the implementation of test management and automation tools for your discipline or as required
- To contribute to developing and improving best practice within the test team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- BMS status in the UK Health sector with 2-3 years pathology lab experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science or computer related subject
- WinPath experience
- Strong motivational skills – can deliver the tasks in difficult circumstances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical clients and staff
- Good documentation skills
- A demonstrable strong interest in IT systems or similar laboratory experience
- Ability and willingness to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organise and prioritise effectively
- IT Literate with a keen interest in pursuing a career in IT, good PC/network/database literacy
- Basic awareness of the SLDC (software development life-cycle)
- Basic understanding of the role of a software tester, testing methodologies and tools