MIPS is a leading company that develops IT solutions for clinical laboratories. MIPS is active in several European countries and has its headquarters in Ghent. Our team counts 210 employees and is spread across our offices in Paris, Hamburg, Eltville and Madrid.
With more than 30 years of successful experience in automating private and hospital clinical laboratories, MIPS has evolved as market leader in this niche within the Benelux. We are steadily increasing our market share in France, Germany, Spain and Switzerland. Currently our solutions are being used in 12 European countries, the US, India and China. Due to an agreement with a multinational company in medical devices, one of our products is being distributed worldwide.
Our solutions consist of software, support and services which automate the processes of private and hospital laboratories and therefore make them more efficient. Ever had a blood test performed? Then it is likely that the results of the analysis were processed by our software.
MIPS is a financial healthy company and is part of the Clinisys Group. Our Group is internationally one of the most important references in the field of software for clinical laboratories with a team of 250 professionals and the ambition to grow strongly.
In our IT Department we currently have a vacancy for a
JUNIOR IT ENGINEER (m/v)
We are looking for a JUNIOR IT Engineer who will be assisting our IT Team (1 person in Ghent and 2 in Germany) responsible for the day-to-day management of our infrastructure (servers, switches, firewalls, SAN's, printers, PC’s ….) at MIPS.
You will join the IT / Support Team and report to the IT Manager.
Your responsibilities will be the following :
- Backup management (VEEAM - datacenter/Ghent/vault)
- AV management (install patches/new versions, ...)
- OS update management (WSUS, VMWare, ...)
- Exchange management (on premise / O365)
- User and access management
- Management of VM / hosts (configuring disk space/CPU power, memory, ...)
- Management and follow-up of internal network (PTRG)
- Installing new hardware (deploying from server + tuning)
- End user support (internal - all colleagues have a high level of knowledge, so mostly 3rd line requests)
- Help advancing and deploying new modules
- Provide internal training of the ICT tools and infrastructure to new recruits
- Propose improvements of internal systems and IT procedures, helping to increase the organizational efficiency
- Responsiveness to reasonable requests from your line manager and colleagues
- Contribute to the team spirit within the company and actively promote a customer-oriented approach
For the function of Junior IT Engineer we look for someone with the following profile :
- You are motivated and left school recently or have a first experience
- You are eager to learn a lot
- You have several ideas on how to automate/improve our support
- You are able to solve end user challenges by phone/Team Viewer/mail/on site
- You are social and friendly
- Bachelor degree in IT or equivalent through experience
- Good communicator
- Able to work together with customers and IT departments of the customers and partners
- Analytical mindset
- Precise mindset
- Real troubleshooter and hand-on mentality
- Travelling is required (mainly Belgium; France and other countries occasionally)
- Weekend work or evening work can be required (mostly planned)
- Multi-lingual : Dutch and English; French and/or German is a plus
Technical knowledge : proven experience in multiple topics below
- Operating systems : Windows, Unix, Linux
- Networking basics : TCP/IP, routers, firewall
- Systems and network architecture
- Scripting on Unix
- Hardware : Servers, PC, storage systems (NAS, SAN, …)
- Affinity with software packages is an asset but no knock-out
- Clustering systems
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Microsoft Windows 10 (and 8)
- Working in a virtualized environment (e.g. VMWare)
- Networking and security experience
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Inventive and solution oriented, hand-on and can-do attitude
- Punctual and quality minded
- Good communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to work both independently as in a team
- High level of commitment and ability to take action when necessary
- No 9 to 5 mentality
- Patch Mondays start at 18u
- Disaster recovery (twice a year) in a weekend
- Critical issues need to be solved before leaving
MIPS is a financial healthy and profitable company and market leader in the business. We offer the opportunity to work in a growing, international and high-tech company.
Located in Ghent, easily accessible without traffic jams.
An attractive salary package in line with your knowledge and experience.