MIPS is a leading company that develops IT solutions for clinical laboratories. We are active in several European countries and have our headquarters in Gent. With more than 30 years of experience in automating private and hospital clinical laboratories, MIPS has evolved as market leader in this niche within the Benelux.
In order to support our European expansion we are looking for passionate people who want to join our team.
As we currently wish to expand our Finance Team we have a vacancy for a
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER (m/f)
Strengthen the Finance Team in order to further automate and professionalize.
The controller will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage the Accounting and the Revenue Recognition
- Support the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Develop standard reporting and provide Ad Hoc reporting
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support the year-end regulatory close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax fillings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support the further roll out of our Netsuite ERP-system
- Contract review
- Additional controller duties as necessary
These responsibilities apply to all current and future MIPS entities. (Current : Belgium, The Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany and its subsidiaries)
- Master in economical or financial direction
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Dutch, English (French and/or German is a pro)
- Excellent accounting software user and analytical skills