02 April 2014
The CliniSys national conference and summer user group meeting, was once again held at The Belfry, West Midlands and attracted an attendance of over 260 delegates representing over fifty NHS trusts across the country. The two day programme from the 22nd to the 23rd May 2014 saw a stellar cast of keynote guest speakers presenting on their understanding of the future direction of Pathology services in the UK.
The Agenda included:
- Dr Gifford Batstone & Christopher Johnson of NHS England updating our delegates on the "National Pathology Programme"
- Dr Jonathan Berg of Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust will present on " Clinical Laboratory Medicine in the 2020s"
- Professor Eric Kilpatrick, ACB president will ask "Should the laboratory be liaising directly with patients?”
- Dr Ian Barnes of NHS England and Peter Huntley of Kent and Medway Commissioning Support Unit will cover the “Pathology Quality Assurance Review”
- NHSBT will present on a number of projects that they are currently working on with CliniSys
- Public Health England updating our delegates on the status of SGSS
- Dr Charles Gutteridge of Barts Health NHS Trust will be giving his insights into “Innovation, and the reshaping of pathology Services"
- One of the largest pathology services networks in the UK will advise our delegates on “The Challenges of forming a Pathology Service Network”
- With the rise of genetics being ever more significant, David Gibbs & Dr Eileen Roberts of North Bristol NHS Trust will discuss “Integrating Genetics into Pathology”
Detailed coverage of the event can be seen in the ACB news artilce linked below: