14 November 2017
The inaugural CliniSys & ICE Joint National Conference and User Group 2017 was hosted at The Belfry on the 9th & 10th November and we saw approximately 315 delegates attend to hear thought provoking presentations and discussion with some of the key innovators and thought leaders in Healthcare and Laboratory Medicine.
Some of the keynote guest speakers who presented over the two days included:
- Will Smart, NHS Chief Information Officer, gave an update on the emerging architecture that will support delivery of Paperless 2020 as well as give an overview of the future plans of NHS England
- Professor Finbarr Cotter, Clinical Director for Pathology at Barts Health NHS Trust, outlined the recent project of consolidating their pathology network onto a single instance of WinPath Enterprise before detailing the clinical benefits expected. This was especially relevant in light of the recent NHS Improvement announcement identifying 29 pathology networks and the expected cost savings.
- Professor Adrian Newland, from NHS Improvement covered the recent announcement on the formation of the 29 pathology networks
- Professor Chris Price from the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford, discussed the power of leveraging the value of laboratory medicine.
- As the 100,000 Genome project will ultimately affect us all, Angela Douglas from the NW Coast Genomic Medicine Centre gave us the latest update
We're expecting a similar number of delegates and other excellent guest speakers at the next conference which will once again be held at the Belfry on the 7th & 8th June 2018.